Services for Landlords and Tenants
Whether you are a landlord or a tenant, we can help you navigate the complex system of rights and responsibilities that come with a residential tenancy agreement.
Without experience and background in matters before the Landlord and Tenant Board, the Residential Tenancies Act can look like a maze of complexities. At Prevail Paralegal Services Professional Corporation, we are passionate about providing quality legal services to landlords and tenants who need help understanding their rights and obligations in disputes with their tenancy counterparts.
Whether you’re a tenant facing eviction, or a landlord owed rent arrears, we can help you advance your legal rights. We take your case seriously, filing and arguing your case before Ontario’s Landlord and Tenant Board.
We often hear stories of landlords who advanced their own case to the Landlord and Tenant Board after months of rent arrears, just to discover simple errors in their paperwork that prove fatal to their case. By the time they re-file with corrections, more months go by before they are granted a hearing. At Prevail Paralegal Services Professional Corporation, we take care in completing your application right the first time.
If you want thorough, affordable and tenacious legal services, look no further.
How can we help you?
At Prevail Paralegal Services Professional Corporation, we represent Landlords and Tenants in the following situations:
- Applications for eviction due to rent arrears, non-payment of rent and persistently late rent payments;
- Collection of owed rent payments;
- N12 evictions for landlord or purchaser occupation;
- N13 evictions for extensive renovations;
- Rent increase, and applications for above-guideline rent increase;
- Applications for eviction due to damage, interference, harassment, illegal acts, and overcrowding;
- Applications for eviction for owner occupation (or family of owner);
- Evicting a tenant for purchaser occupation (in real estate situations);
- Tenant refusing entry for any reason (including real estate tours);
- Tenant changing locks;
- Unauthorized sublet or assignment;
- Voluntary termination of the tenancy (Cash for Keys);
- Review of an order by the LTB;
- and many other situations facing landlords.
- Defence against eviction for any reason;
- Defence against illegal rent increases;
- Defence against illegal lease provisions and charges;
- “No Pets” clauses;
- Landlord restrictions on visitors;
- Lease agreements not using the Ontario Standard Lease
- Landlords charging more for a spouse, partner or child;
- Landlord harassment;
- Landlord not maintaining the outdoor and common areas;
- Landlord failure to maintain and repair the rental unit;
- Landlord failure to maintain, repair and replace appliances;
- Infestation of pests, rats, insects, etc;
- Subletting and assignment of the lease;
- Ending the tenancy early;
- Harassment, interference, abuse and improper conduct by the landlord;
- and many more situations.
Let's Talk About Your Tenancy...
© 2022 Prevail Paralegal Services Professional Corporation. The information on this website does not constitute legal advice. Submission of information to us or use of information on this website does not establish a paralegal-client relationship.